is to empower people with disabilities to live independently.
services & trainings
by this CIL
· This CIL is federally funded.
Some CILs are State funded.
· Our grants have come from Department of Education.
· In 2015 we are transitioning to the Department of Health and Human Services.
· This CIL is one of 18 CILS in Pennsylvania.
· This CIL is based in Blair County.
· 2010 Census indicates there are over 20,000 People with Disabilities in Blair County and there are 85,000 PwD in the seven counties for which we are responsible.
CIL coverage in all counties in all states is mandated by the Federal Government.
· November 2012, George Palmer joined the CIL staff as an Independent Living Specialist.
· January 2014, George Palmer became Executive Director of the CIL.
· December 2014, Joseph Fagnani became President of the CIL’s Board of Directors.
· By April of 2015, the CIL Board of Directors has grown from 5 members in 2014 to 13 members with three Board Committees.
Our current focus is to become the model CIL for Pennsylvania.
· By August 2015, we will have moved from a small, non-descript location on Logan Boulevard, to the Butterick building on Beale Avenue.
· We’re currently focused on developing the model in Blair County to be replicated in other counties by:
1. Developing a program that touches the entire person;
2. Growing our frontline staff to touch and impact more lives;
3. Becoming an independent organization with an entrepreneurial mindset and approach.